The Regina Humane Society (RHS) would like to welcome you to our Facebook Page. The purpose of this page is to present information on the RHS and stories of public interest within the community. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, videos and stories, but please note this is a monitored and moderated page. Please note that though the page is monitored, it is not monitored at all times. IF YOU HAVE AN ANIMAL EMERGENCY, please call Animal Protection Services, 24 hours per day, at 306-777-7700 as soon as possible. For the quickest response to a question or concern, please call the RHS at 306-543-6363 during regular business hours.
POSTING AND COMMENTING POLICY:
Posts or comments that pertain to the following information/subject matter may be removed:
- Requesting information on animals not currently available for adoption: To protect the privacy of new owners or previous owners, the RHS will not release this information to the public.
- Requesting information about an investigation being done by our Animal Protection Officers: Information about ongoing investigations or posts with opinions/comments pertaining to investigations will be removed immediately from the RHS Facebook page.
- Lost, stolen or found animals: If an animal is lost, stolen or found, we encourage you post to the local lost pets Facebook pages and make a Lost Pet Report on our website under "Lost and Found". Because the RHS cannot verify reporting, rewards or information posted by third parties about lost, stolen or found animals, we encourage posts of this nature be kept to a minimum or posted elsewhere. In all instances, lost, stolen or found pets should be reported to the RHS Lost and Found Department.
- Misinformation: If misinformation has been posted and the RHS has attempted to correct it, and this has been unsuccessful due to the re-posting or continual repeated postings based on the misinformation – those posts may be deleted.
- Complaints: Specific complaints or rantings about the RHS, our programs, services and policies where the author demonstrates that he/she does not wish to seek resolution using the RHS Resolution Policy may be deleted.
- Disrespecting other people: We want people to feel comfortable about posting their questions and answers on our Facebook page. Angry rants or abusive posts don't help achieve this and the moderators will delete them. Please don't post inflammatory messages designed to foster these kinds of arguments.
- Spam: Don't post the same message multiple times across the Facebook page. We understand with posting information on Facebook, it will not always remain at the top of the page. The information may seem relevant, urgent and important to the person who posted it, however duplicate posts to draw attention to an issue/topic that has already been posted about will be removed by the moderators.
- Personal Information: Complaints pertaining to owners of animals and their welfare that list specific information, addresses and/or names may also be deleted by the moderator.
- Publishing, posting, distributing or disseminating any defamatory, infringing, graphic, racist, malicious, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- Comments or postings that abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as the rights of privacy and publicity) of others. This includes bullying and personal attacks.
- Reports of cruelty detailing the name of the alleged, their address, and/or any other personal details.
- Requests for support or promotion of individuals or organizations that support animal cruelty, illegal activity or violence (such as unauthorized “rescue” of a privately owned animal).
- To protect your privacy, please refrain from posting any personal information about yourself or others.
- Information or advertising for personal or business gain.
- Fraudulent, misleading or deceptive messages.
- Solicitation or advertisement of any initiative, program or service that is not linked to the RHS, including the re-homing of currently owned pets.
- Files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
Please note that any concerns about RHS policies or decisions should be directed to the RHS via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be deleted off this page if they are posted.
A non-profit organization dedicated to improving the welfare of animals through programs and services in sheltering, education, protection and advocacy.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - Noon to 6:00 p.m.
Thursday - Noon to 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday - Noon to 5:00 pm
*Adoptions within the last 1/2 hour of vie